Services: Digital Printing (CMYK)
Posted by ashley mcneill on
In 2021 we began offering digital/flat printing for our clients. Since starting, we keep track of what our printer likes, and what doesn't work (or breaks the printer!). Helpful tips below, too.
Papers the Printer Likes
- Fringe & Rose 150gsm
- 80#, 118# Savoy
- 32#, 110# Lettra (we can do 220# but prefer to outsource the 2ply!)
- 29#, 30#, 48#
- Mohawk Superfine & Via up to 130#
Paper We Can Print but Are More Difficult
- Porridge Papers
- Fringe & Rose 300gsm
- Rag Papeterie 200gsm
Papers the Printer Dislikes and We Won't Do
- Ungummed envelopes - they consistently jam
- Fonts outlined or included in your file.
- Colors in CMYK. (To match letterpress Pantone colors, we find that encycolorpedia is pretty reliable and at most we reduce the opacity.)
- Envelopes: when printing guest addressing + return address on flaps, we print open-flap so a multi-page .pdf is required.
Share this post
- Tags: digital printing, resources, services